The LGBTQ Health Coalition of the Columbia-Willamette,
This was the beta website for the LGBTQ Health Coalition of the Columbia-Willamette. The content is from the site's 2015 archived pages. It was primarily created to help people who wanted to attend the 2016 conference.
THE LGBTQ HEALTH COALITION OF THE COLUMBIA-WILLAMETTE
Formed in 2010, the LGBTQ Health Coalition of the Columbia-Willamette envisions that all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer persons thrive in an inclusive society where laws, policies, and systems support wellness. We work to support the health and wellness of the LGBTQ community of the Columbia-Willamette by:
- Ensuring that healthcare and social services providers are delivering LGBTQ culturally competent care
- Working to compile and execute research on LGBTQ health needs and disparities in our region
- Advocating for LGBTQ-friendly policies in healthcare and social services
THE LGBTQ MEANINGFUL CARE CONFERENCE
THE 2016 LGBTQ MEANINGFUL CARE CONFERENCE
The Sheraton Airport Hotel, Portland, OR
MARCH 25, 2016
On behalf of the LGBTQ Health Coalition of the Columbia-Willamette, we are excited to invite you to the 2016 LGBTQ Meaningful Care Conference on Friday, March 25, 2016 at the Sheraton Airport Hotel in Portland, OR. As a day-long LGBTQ cultural competency training event for healthcare and social service professionals, the Meaningful Care Conference aims to promote LGBTQ cultural competency in health care and social services, share current best practice applications of LGBTQ cultural competency in health care and social services, and to develop and diversify networks of LGBTQ culturally competent health care and social service providers. For a sense of past Conference offerings, please click here
Key Dates for the 2016 Meaningful Care Conference
- September 2015: Conference Request for Proposals available
- November 2015: Early Bird Registration opens
- November 2, 2015: Deadline for conference RFP submissions
- early December 2015: Conference program finalized
- January 2014: General Registration opens
- January 2016: Tabling application available
- early March 2016: Tabling application closes
- March 25, 2016: the 2016 Meaningful Care Conference
THE 2016 LGBTQ MEANINGFUL CARE CONFERENCE IS SPONSORED BY
THE LGBTQ HEALTH COALITION OF THE COLUMBIA-WILLAMETTE IS FISCALLY SPONSORED BY
LGBTQ CULTURALLY COMPETENT PROVIDERS DIRECTORY
Healthcare and social service providers in attendance at the 2012 LGBTQ Meaningful Care Conference** were invited to be listed in a directory to be made available to LGBTQ community members interested in finding culturally competent providers to give them care.
If you are a healthcare or social service provider in the Pacific Northwest that is culturally competent in the care of LGBTQ persons and interested in being added to this directory, please contact Erin Reid, the Assistant Coordinator of the LGBTQ Health Coalition.
**The Meaningful Care Conference is a day-long LGBTQ cultural competency training, accredited by various State licensing boards for healthcare and social service professionals. Please note that the listings in this directory have not been verified by the LGBTQ Health Coalition of the Columbia-Willamette. Providers self reported all information listed, and may have given incomplete information when creating their listing.